Study of the discipline is aimed at students’ learning the basic principles for organization and functioning of the system for control, evaluation and forecasting the state of agroecosystems as well as the nature of influence of natural and anthropogenic factors on them.
The task of the discipline is to provide the students with abilities:
- to observe the main environmental factors;
- to observe the biotic part of agroecosystems;
- to observe the pollution of agricultural production facilities as a result of anthropogenic activity;
- to characterize the types of soil monitoring;
- to determine the main principles for monitoring pollution of soils with pesticides, heavy metals and radionuclides;
- to determine the main principles for phytosanitary monitoring;
- to study the basic methods for agroecological assessment.
The object of study: up-to-date methods for observation of the change in the state of main agroecosystem components as a result of anthropogenic activity.
Main topics for the course:
1. Agroecological monitoring and its tasks
1.1 Origin, object and methods, goals and objectives of agroecological monitoring.
1.2 Monitoring of the abiotic part of an agroecosystem.
1.3 Observation on the edaphogenic factors.
1.4 Monitoring of the biotic part of an agroecosystem.
2. Soil environmental monitoring
2.1 The methods for organization and the types of soil monitoring.
2.2 Organization of monitoring of pesticide soil pollution.
2.2 Organization of monitoring of heavy metal soil pollution.
2.4 Monitoring of the radioactive pollution of agricultural lands.
3. Other types of monitoring of agrarian production
3.1 Monitoring of reclamative agriculture.
3.2 Phytosanitary monitoring.
4. Observation on environmental safety of agrarian products
4.1 Monitoring of the pollution of agricultural product with heavy metals and radionuclides.
4.2 Monitoring of the pollution of agricultural product with nitrates and pesticides.
5. Agroecological assessment
Developed by: Anatolii M. Polovyi (Odessa State Environmental University)